Navigating the complexities of the care journey can be a daunting task that we might not be equipped to handle. Having someone to troubleshoot with and for us and who is looking out for our or a loved one’s best interests, is an essential part of the care journey.
My ability to identify key issues, advocate on behalf of clients and their families and find care solutions is a core aspect of my practice.
People are afraid of falling through the cracks, losing continuity of care and not being heard. They often don’t know how to access services or how to negotiate getting the care they need. Precious time is lost.
Individuals and families facing roadblocks on the care journey rely on me to help them:
- Navigate the health care system.
- Communicate with institutions (community and government agencies, hospitals, long term care and retirement homes) so that care needs are met.
- Facilitate sensitive care conversations between family members.
- Find solutions when care needs are not being met whether at home, in hospital or asssisted living residences.
- Become savvy consumers of their own health care.
The road ahead can be untangled – one step at a time.
To arrange a free, no-obligation telephone consultation, click on the Contact Me page.